- partner to the poultry producers of HKScan
HKScan Denmark is searching for an experienced and independent Poultry veterinarian/-consultant to continue developing and strengthening our cooperation with our many skilled producers of poultry.
Chicken will be the world’s favorite food in 2023, and therefore HKScan wants to be an expert in inspiring and tasteful chicken products, that appeal to the most demanding forks. Together with your colleagues and our producers, you will therefore contribute to an outstanding production set-up within chicken meat.
Your role is concerned with our most important raw material – the chicken (quality, health and welfare). While focusing on creating value for HKScan, you at the same time help our producers create value in their own production.
Primary areas of responsibility in the job:
- Daily cooperation with our producers on subjects like animal health, animal welfare, slaughter quality, productivity etc.
- Maintain and develop a value creating partnership with our producers
- Utilize, maintain and develop analytical tools / databases / systems to support both our producers and internal decision processes in HKScan. Can be within health surveillance, use of antibiotics, animal welfare, development of productivity, finances etc.
- Further development and utilization of our quality assurance within chicken production (KIK)
- Follow up on delivered quality through veterinary control, slaughter registries etc.
- Seek out and utilize the latest knowledge from relevant industry players (feed industry, hatcheries, veterinarians, research institutions, advisors etc.)
- Participate in relevant internal meetings and groups on both country- and group level.
Your professional competencies:
- You are an educated veterinarian, agronomist or similar
- You are experienced in advisory of- and communication with producers/farmers
- We would prefer that you have experience from poultry production – but this is not a prerequisite
- You drive development projects and are persistent in reaching your targets
- You have a flair for IT and master IT tools at a high level
- You communicate effortlessly in both Danish and English
- You have an analytical and structured approach to your tasks
- You keep a sense of perspective in a hectic daily environment
- You are independent and have an ability to motivate yourself
- You are a persistent and inventive team player, that understands the importance of reaching the targets in a changeable environment
- You have great influencing and communication skills both verbally and in writing.
An exciting, independent and challenging job in an international and listed company with attractive conditions of employment. For the right candidate, the job offers the foundation for both personal and professional growth and daily collaboration with poultry vets and other poultry experts in the HKScan group and in HKScan Denmark.
We prefer that your primary workplace is at our factory in Vinderup. You will, however, also spend time with our producers in Jylland and Fyn, and have the possibility to work in our Århus office and/or from home to some extent. The position is a part of our matrix organization and therefore refers directly to our Category Manager, Poultry in Finland.
The working environment is characterized by an informal tone, openness and trust. INSPIRE, LEAD and CARE are key values in HKScan and therefore an essential part of the job.
We will hire the right candidate as soon as we find her/him, so please do not hesitate to send your application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
If you would like further information about this job, you are welcome to contact Category Manager Poultry, Producer Services, Leena Pohjola (+358406484313) or Animal Sourcing Manager HKScan Denmark Karen Margrethe Balle (+4541377287).